Tax season is almost upon us, and with earnings on all of our minds we wanted to let you know of a few small improvements related to your royalty payments.
We know you like to get paid (doesn’t everyone?) so we want to be fully transparent with you about these improvements. In order to be able to respond to all of the issues that may arise in a timely manner, we’re making some changes starting now.
- Any designers whose profile information is incomplete or incorrect will have the payment cancelled (e.g., incomplete names, addresses or incorrect tax identification numbers). The payments will be canceled and the funds returned to the account no later than the 20th of the month they were issued and the accounts will be placed on hold pending corrections. Please contact Zazzle directly if you have any specific questions.
- Any checks returned as undeliverable will have the payments canceled and the funds returned to the account within 10 days of receipt and the accounts will be placed on hold pending corrections.
- Any claims regarding payments not received within 90 days of issuance will be researched to determine the issue. If it is confirmed that the payment was lost (i.e. the check has not been cashed) a replacement will be sent.
- Any claims regarding payments not received beyond 90 days of issuance will be researched to determine the issue. If it is confirmed that the payment was lost (i.e. the check has not been cashed) the payments will be canceled and the funds returned to the account. The funds will then be added into the next payment cycle based on the designer’s payment settings. No replacement payments greater than 90 days will be issued.
- Checks that are stale dated (beyond 180 days) will be voided on at least a quarterly basis, the payments will be canceled and the funds returned to the account and the accounts will be placed on hold pending corrections.
- Canceled payments will continue to show in your account, so you will be able to see what has occurred with your payment.
With these updates in mind, here is a quick checklist of important things to review under your payment settings in your account to ensure you receive your payments:
- Payee Information: Some of the most important pieces of information for us to be able to submit payments and other important documents to you are your mailing address and full first AND last names. Please double-check that your full name and address are complete and correct, especially if you have moved recently. This information is important to have completed in every account, even for our designers who choose to receive payments via Paypal.
- Tax ID number: Your Zazzle earnings are reportable income. To make sure that we send you the correct payments and documentation you need to complete this portion of your taxes, we must have your Tax ID number. The name entered in your payment information must exactly match your tax ID number, as well as your Social Security Number. For example, if your tax ID number is filed under the name “Jane A. Doe”, and your Social Security Number is filed under the name “Jane A. Doe”, the name listed on your payee information must be “Jane A. Doe”, not “Mr. & Mrs. Doe”, in order for us to properly submit payments to you and provide you with your tax documents.
- Payment Preferences: If your account has been placed on hold pending corrections or updates to your payment information, please make sure to change these settings back to “Normal” after you have made these required updates to your information to ensure you receive your next payment as scheduled. Even if you do receive a payment, these settings will not update automatically, so make sure you check these settings if you encounter any of the above payment issues.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you make any updates to your payment information – such as inputting the correct name for your Tax ID number or entering a new address – after hitting “save” on your payment settings page there will a 30 day delay, from the day the update is made, on your upcoming payment to allow for these updates to fully go into effect. This delay will occur after any time you hit this “save” button on your payment settings – regardless of whether an actual change has been made.
As always, if you have specific questions about these updates or your payment information, our friendly support staff will be glad to help.
Happy tax season, and here’s to another great year of Zazzle earnings!